Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Reunion and two special birthdays!

Every year for the 4th of July, my Grandpa's family has a reunion. This year, we took the kiddies camping and it was pretty fun. The mountains are SO green and full of beautiful flowers...which my girls picked and picked and picked. They couldn't make enough "boo-quets" as Brinlee was calling them. It was a nice weekend...even if we didn't get to see some fireworks!

This is my cousin Lauren. She is such a great sport to play and entertain my kids!


My grandpa and grandma waiting for the big surprise celebration that we had for my grandpa while we were at the reunion! We had cake for everyone and showed a slideshow of pictures from his life that my soon to be sis-in-law Kristin put together. It was so good! My cousin Jordan also sang and played the guitar for my grandpa and it was really nice...
This is my Aunt Tammy and Uncle Paul and two of their four sons...Justin and his wife McKenzie and Jaxon who made this shelter and actually spent the night under it! What a special person he is!! Best Cousins Forever Jax!

We found snow not to far from where we were camping... The kids thought this was great fun in July! I could cry just looking at the cold white stuff in the summer!
Aidan's shirt says Mr. Independent. Which is just what he was while we were there. Taking babies camping is NOT my idea of fun!!


The Birthday Boys!!

My grandpa's 80th birthday is actually today! He is truly an amazing grandpa and an example to his whole family. We hope he has a very wonderful day and many more great years to come!! Love you grandpa!


Sean's birthday is this coming Tuesday, but since we wouldn't be there, the girls and I wanted to have a little party with him. It is a little joke in the family to have "Happy Birthday Stupid" written on my brother's birthday cakes every once in awhile. This year it got to be Sean's turn. My kids were horrified that we would call someone that and put it on their birthday cake!?! And so what was funny to me, soon became a lesson in humility. I guess I am not as funny as I think...(Do as I say not as I do right?!?) Love you too Sean!!


While I have many, many more pics I could share, I will just share these pics taken by a little stream we found that was so pretty!!



9 comments:

Colette said...

Looks like you have been busy. Cute pictures of the kids. We just got back from camping for four days and you're right the mountains are so green and pretty. We too were picking tons and tons of flowers.

Lisah said...

Wow you have had a busy but fun summer my friend! I love the picture of Brinlee not wanting the kid to touch her. That is priceless! Lets get the kids togetber to play!

M&M said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! I'm dying to meet your adorable little clan! The birthday cake story is TOO funny!!!!

Lori Harris said...

What a great family reunion/birthday. Your grandpa looks so great for being 80!!! Wow. Love the writing on the cake, that is funny.

Kristi Rasmussen said...

Your girls are so cute and Aidan looks like a lot of work!! I love his shirt! Looks like you have been having a fun summer. Let's get with Bonnie and play sometime before the summer gets away!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Well it's about time! People were starting to think that you had been in a terrible car accident with your appendages ripped off and you were unable to type. I love how your grandparents look the exact same since I last saw them like 12 year ago. They have aged well. I would cry too if I saw snow in July. It just isn't right. I love how your girls totally called you on the carpet with the stupid thing. I said something was dumb once and had two children let me know a thing or two. we are just checking to see if they are paying attention to what we have taught them. I want to know why Mike is like rarely in the pictures? Is he afraid of the camera or what?

jasnbon said...

What a fun vacation! Cambree looks like an awesome swimmer, I always wondered how long it takes to actually learn to swim in swimming lessons. Morgan is really good with his water wings on! I love the shelter, we should build one.

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like the trip to Utah was a TON of fun! Those pics at the party are all sO pretty! I miss you guys! I will be back to "normal" next week. I will call you soon! Love ya!

Lori Harris said...

Nothing is a definite with our home selling yet. We are just waiting for all of the paperwork to go through.

If it all works out you'll have another cool neighbor living in this house named Lori and her last name also starts with a "H" too. She is my friend from school, a single gal. She is way fun.