Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nothing much...but a lot!!!

This post isn't about anything much and yet it is I guess. It all started on Saturday. It had snowed and it was so heavy and fun. The kids and Mike decided to go out and shovel and I decided to take Aidan out too. So, thanks to a neighbor who has two boys and let us borrow a snowsuit, Aidan was well dressed. We bundled up the little naughty and out we went. He LOVED it so much!! This was pretty much his first official get down and walk/play in the snow day...

We did a little or a lot of every snow activity you can imagine...built a snowman, dug a small snow cave in the ice encrusted snowbank, pulled Aidan around on the sled, pushed him down the snowbank in the sled and got out the good ol' kiddie car. All in all, it was a success. (Yes, the little fella was rolling out of the sled!!)




Cambree and Brinlee were such good sports. They wanted to help Aidan enjoy this white, cold stuff as much as they do! Cambree especially!


Later that same day, we dressed the girls up and away we went to a dance dress rehearsal. I was running a little late of course and had to hurry and get the kids there. So, we ran out to the van and of course it wouldn't start. So, I told them to jump into Mike's car and we would take that. Now, for any person who doesn't know me, you must understand that I say this with a lot of love, but complete honesty. Driving Mike's car is like driving a dumpster around. So, there wasn't a lot of room in the car, because of all the papers and stuff he has EVERYWHERE. Anyway, long story longer...we got there. We had forgotten their dance shoes and a change of clothes. Poor Brin. Her costume doesn't fit, so a super nice mom of another dancer offered to take her costume and get it fixed for me. I totally took her up on that offer and after the practice, sent Brin home with her Grandma Judy in tights and a coat and nothing else. Poor Brin. So, these are the pictures of the dance rehearsal. My cousin Justin came to watch and the girls were THRILLED that he did!! Brinlee was already gone when I took this picture with Cambree and Justin...



So, that pretty much wraps up the past few days...Just one last little diddy and of course another picture and then I will end. Today the snowplow FINALLY came by after 4 or 5 days of snow and when he passed by our house, he ran down our mailbox! It is now stuck in place by the very LARGE snowbank he pushed up around it and come spring, our mailbox will be unable to stand on it's own. Just thought I would enter this in the good ol' blogging journal.
Here is a pic of my kids eating the mini ice cream cones that I fixed them for a snack. Aidan isn't too sure about it.

9 comments:

jasnbon said...

Okay, how did you build a snowman? Morgan and I tried on Sunday and the snow wouldn't stick together at all! There must be something we don't know.... Anyway loved all the pictures of the snow and dancing! Your girls look beautiful and Aidan did look like he really enjoyed the snow!!What was wrong with the van? Our mailbox is always turned the wrong way because of the snow plow and so we only get mail like every other day when I remember to turn it back the right way. At least it is still standing on its own, however.

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun day in the snow! Too bad about your mailbox and the fact you are driving a dumpster around! :) Whose the dang dance teacher who got costumes that were too small? :) Cute pics.

Unknown said...

The benefit of wearing dance shoes on rehearsals is that you will be more comfortable with it during the actual performance. What's the hold up? Grab your dance shoes and let's do some serious dancing.

Travis and Melissa said...

Your kids are darling. When do they perform at a b-ball game I want to come watch!

Colette said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun in the snow! Cute pictures of the dance rehearsal. I still am laughing about Brin and her costume. I know that is not nice of me. I'll get the video clip for you if you can even see it I'm sure my hands were shaking as I laughed. SORRY, it really wasn't nice of me to laugh! I hope that the adjustments make it better for her so she is more comfortable! Poor thing! Dang that dance teacher, huh?!

Colette said...

Oh, and who is this comment by "DANCE" anyway? Hum, I wonder??

Lori Harris said...

After a snowplow finally comes our way, it has the nerve to knock down your mailbox. Crazy. What great snow pictures and cute dance pics of the girls. Too bad about the costume situation, but glad that it all turned out OK. Take care.

Lisah said...

It did appear to me you were having a great old time playing in the snow. I was watching you out my kitchen window. I sure do love winter when I can spy on you without trees in the way. Is that creepy... oh well if it is. I am sorry about your mailbox... you better be sending a bill to the City of Sugar for that one!

P.S. I have left you two messages now and you don't call me back... RUDE!

madsens said...

Saturday was the perfect day for playing in the snow. YEAH! I was in the post office in Rexburg the other day and a man came in to get his mail from the counter. because he said the snow plow totally took out his mail box too, so he has to get it from the post office till spring when the snow bank melts and they can find his mail box again. Good luck