Saturday, July 26, 2008

Have the red demons taken over???


Our lovely weedy garden...

The first pickings and many more to come.

They ripen behind me and I can't even keep up...
Well, it is that splendid time of year when things in the garden start producing and it is time to harvest...Okay, it is that time of year when the raspberries come on in force and I am near tears with the wonder and work that they bring with them. We were blessed to move into a home where raspberry plants were growing. Now, they have taken over the whole back of our garden and our lives. We even found raspberry starts shooting up through the cracks by the foundation IN our garage. Don't get me wrong, we love the berries...but, the work to get them? Last year we got over 15 gallons of the red gems. We will keep everyone posted on this years rewards. Jam anyone?

7 comments:

John-David and Kathryn said...

Bridgett
The pictures of you kids in the gardens are so cute. I am so jealous that you have berries. i pay someone so i can pick their berries. Sorry i haven't commented in so long. I have been so busy this month. John-David has been on call a ton and taking care of the three kids day and night is killing me. Looks like you guys are doing good. When does school start?

Kitty

Lindsie said...

If I were there i would eat until I had a belly ache. I'm jealous! We grow rabbits and birds here - they're everywhere. Nothing as rewarding as rapsberries!! Looks like fun!

Lori Harris said...

You have raspberries at your house? I never knew. I'll have to sneak over there and pick some. :)

Ashton & Co. said...

YUMMY! I will come help... I want some more to freeze and MAYBE make jam. You know me, I'm a lot of talk, but I'm glad my best friend has the berries so that I don't have too! :)

Lisah said...

I totally STALKED your blog and love it. I am thinking you should send some of those gems my way... just throw them over the fence and I will catch! Your kids are soo soo soo cute!

Lisah said...

P.S. BRIDGE... you are the coolest lady I have EVER known!

Stoddard Family said...

MMMM... I love raspberries. Your blog looks awesome. Good to see some pics from home