Thursday, September 17, 2009

Because the 1st one didn't take....

Today Mike is applying and registering for classes and getting ready to go back to school. (It started a week ago, but Mike thinks he is special and will start on Monday.) I guess that the 1st bachelor's didn't really do much for us or something, so now we are going to try again. So, he is now taking Education core classes and next semester we hope to see him student teaching. By this time next year we hope he is a certified teacher with a teaching job and that our lives can be somewhat stable...Here's to hoping.
In other news. It is that time of year when the garden starts producing and the fruits of our labors pay off. We have eaten potatoes, corn, cucumbers and carrots from the garden. We have 3 pumpkins...Just the right amount for us this year and we have this amazing onion that is about to sprout legs and break free from the dirt. I can't believe how huge this thing is!! It makes me laugh when I see it and I just can't bring myself to pull it up yet. I don't know why.

8 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Wow!! What an awesome garden.

Good luck to Mike on going back to school. If he could get a job at the Sugar District that would be awesome. The Sugar District is so wonderful to work for, I loved teaching at the Kershaw. :)

jasnbon said...

The garden sounds delicious! I wish I was ambitious and grew a garden, I just have to go to the farmers market and buy the delicious fresh fruits and veggies. That is exciting that Mike is going back to school to be a teacher, I can really see him doing well at that. Hey I have to mention that Buzz and Woody was a no go. Now it's Bumblebee and Spiderman, I can't think of a cute way to tie those two together, oh well.

Ashton & Co. said...

THat onion looks like the carriage on Shrek 2. :)

Colette said...

Onion rings!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, so Mike's going back to school? James has been talking about getting his masters degree, so maybe I'll be a student wife again with you!
That's so great that your garden produced. We got a lot of zucchini this year and a few tomatoes. I was so proud that I didn't kill everything. Gardening does not come naturally to me.

Lisah said...

It is amazing how well things are falling into place for you. It just goes to show that things happen for a reason. We think you guys are awesome and Drew loves onions so much we may come steal that bad boy out of your garden!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Awesome garden. I wish we had one. So what kind of teaching certificate would Mike be getting or what kind of teacher would he be? Good luck with everything. I bet you are so excited to have your husband back in school:)
Look on the bright side, Mike will start school and ficnish and John-David will still have a few more years.

meg said...

I don't blame you! If I saw that beautiful onion in my garden I would not want to take it out either!!