Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school, movie party with friends and boating with the Brunson's!




School started last week and the girls were pretty excited about it. I have to admit that I had a harder time leaving Brinlee at the school this year on the first day. It seems strange that she won't be my little buddy for 1/2 the day, but I always have Aidan to fill in the would be quiet hours!
Anyway, they LOVE school!! I am so grateful that they are so willing to go and do anything. And that they love most everything in life right now!
We had a small party on Friday night to watch Hannah Montana the Movie. The girls invited a couple of friends and they watched it outside...yes, in the sunshine (it was from 7-9 so the sun wasn't quite down). It was a lot of screaming and sqealing! But, I think it was pretty fun too!



On Saturday Bonnie and Jason invited us up to the boat club that they belong to and we were able to go boating with them. My kids were able to ride tubes for the 1st time and LOVED it so much...they are already trying to plan the next boat trip!
I also took a turn on the tube with my good pal Bonnie and we took Morgan and Aidan with us. Aidan actually thought that it was a-ok too! I was also introduced to "Tube Wars" with the Brunson fam and let me tell you, it can be brutal...I think they took it easy on me since I could barely hang on as it was! I did get dumped and then I was out for good. I am STILL sore!! Thanks for the great memories and muscle pain you guys!!

7 comments:

Lisah said...

That looks like so much fun watching HannaH Montana. We need to get the girls to come over here and play more often. It isn't like you live that far away! Unless you purposfully stay away and tell your kids not to look at mine ?!?!? :) It was hard to send Logan the first day. But now I am overjoyed at my time withouth him and Tate fighting!!!!!!

jasnbon said...

Your girls look beautiful and excited to go to school, they really are so much fun and so excited about everything, I just love them! Was that the Hannah Montana movie that was all scrambled, oops, sorry about that! I look at the pictures of tubing and I just laugh (cause I think of how I couldn't stop laughing while we were tubing), those are great times, thanks for coming up!

Lori Harris said...

What a blast boating!!

I can't believe that school has started!! Where did summer go??

Ashton & Co. said...

What cute pics of the girls on the first big day! The boating pics are great. Wish I could have witnessed the wars! My girls LOVED the movied party, now they want to watch movies outside everynight!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful big school girls. Smartest in the class. I'm proud!! Love you best G.L.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Hey how do you do that cool thing with your pictures? That's really fun. So that's what I get to look forward to Hannah Montana movie parties. I am so excited. The boating looked way fun and I love your bikini you were wearing:)

Schwendimans said...

Hi there! Looks like you had so much fun. Hey, saw your sidebar and wondered if you could send me your contact info thru a facebook message?... Dan might know of something, but wanted to talk to you more about it. Look forward to hearing from you! =)