Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little of this...a little of that...


Here are some updates on our crew:
Cambree: Is starting a Ballroom Dance class on Thursdays. She is so excited because they will get to dance with some boys :) and because they are going to learn the Cha-Cha. Honestly, I think this girl would be happy with ANYTHING in life.
Brinlee: Is a girl FULL of attitude and spunk. Yesterday when I told her to stop playing the Wii and get ready for school she told me that I was a stupid mom that gets to do whatever I want, whenever I want. She is a 13 year old trapped in a 5year old body. I wonder what the teen years will bring our way?? *Side note, while we continue to work with Brin and her outbursts, she is a WONDERFUL girl in our family and we love her very, very much!!
Aidan: For a couple of months now, he has folded his arms when we say prayers and blessings on the food. It is darling to watch babies fold their arms and has brought a lot of joy to our family. Another habit that this child has picked up is shaking his finger at me and yelling in baby language just what he thinks of me. When he is in trouble and I tell him "no", he points his finger and me and just starts screaming. (He is led by example I guess...) It isn't super great, but it is pretty funny. And the last thing to report is that we watch too much junk in our home I have decided. Aidan LOVES the opening part to SpongeBob SquarePants...The girls favorite TV show...He will actually yell "Aye, Aye Captain" when they say it in the beginning...It sounds something like this "Iii Iii Yaayaa". What an awesome thing for a 14 month old to know. *Side note: I am trying to wean him from the bottle...I just can't remember how I did it with the other two!

6 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Ballroom dance? How fun is that!! When you figure how to get Aiden off a bottle, call me and tell me your secret of success. In the meantime, I'm content in just letting Tahlia have a bottle. You're kids are growing up way too fast.

Mist said...

Brinlee's OUTBURSTS are so funny! I know not in the moment- but I think it is important that we journal outbursts I am glad that other Moms out there have similar experiences! I think your kids are so cute and great! You are such a good mom!

jasnbon said...

Gosh Bridgett would you quit doing whatever you want whenever you want!! How rude! That is hilarious, I love it! And can I be in Cambree's dance class because I want to learn to ballroom dance almost as much as I want to ride a camel! How come I can't have whatever I want whenever I want?! Just kidding!! Anyway, my kids both love Spongebob also, I don't get it, whatever. And I don't have any advice for the bottle thing because Luke was drinking out of Morgan's sippy cups before I stopped nursing him and I can't remember what I did with Morgan, sorry!

Lisah said...

The easiest way I have weaned any baby from the bottle is with those sippy cups from walmart that have a soft top on them. I can't remember who makes them but Chayse is just about weaned ever since I gave her one of those. Your kids are just too darn cute. I love little Aidan's sass to you. It is so cute. I sure love ya!

Colette said...

Oh they are SO cute. I LOVE Brinlee her spunk is just such a part of her. Cambree in ballroom dance WOW! Aiden is growing up too fast. Oh the bottle...its been a long time, that is so hard to do, right up there with potty training. As mean as it sounds, just take it away, give him a drink from the sippy cup, and then listen to him cry while you cry because you want to give in. Two nights top and its over! OUCH! But then I lucked out because my babysitter pretty much weaned them during the day and then told me it was time.

Colette said...

Oh and by the way you are so lucky to do what you want when you want, like you can do the laundry and fix dinner whenever you want Mom, GEEZ!