Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

This year one of my new year's resolutions/goals is to start fun, new traditions with my family. So, this is what I came up with for Valentine's day...


On Friday night, I gave the girls a mini heart attack in their bedroom. I taped up some hearts around their room and then sprinkled hersheys hugs and kisses on their floor. I wrote them each a little valentine and also left them a little prize. They thought it was pretty special and had fun with it. Aidan also got a little prize, but I didn't leave him a heart attack. I didn't want him to eat the paper. Maybe next year...
Mike then took the girls for a special valentine's date...They went ice fishing and had a ton of fun! They are quite the outdoorsmen, which makes their dad ever so happy. When they got back, we went to Grandma Judy's and left her a little valentine day surprise in her bedroom--the girls hid gummy bears for her to find with a little poem-- and then later we had another heart shaped pizza with candle light and ate treats dipped in fondue. It was a fun and festive day!


We started our Valentine's day celebrations with an early birthday party for our Jordan! He got home from his mission last August and so this was his first birthday back. We tried to make it the same as he remembered, so we had a heart shaped pizza and made him a Texas sheetcake that the girls and I decorated with his nickname! His birthday is actually on Valentine's day so we had the party on Thursday and it was really fun for the kiddos!

9 comments:

Lisah said...

What a fun tradition to start for your family!!!

Anonymous said...

Bridgette you are a good Mom! That is a cute idea to do!

Colette said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun too. How fun that Mike took the girls ice fishing! I LOVE traditions, even though sometimes they can wear a mom out!

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks SO cute! I am sure the girls were thrilled. I like your baby post below, I will have to try it when we get back! Also, I'm glad I cancelled dance...Keaton is borderline RSV and is on breathing treatments. Good luck Julie! :)

Blake and Rhonda said...

I love the idea of the 'mini heart attact'. That is such a cute idea and something I bet your girls loved.

jasnbon said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled Valentine's Day! I did the heart attack also and the kids thought it was pretty fun, I'll put some pics up of it eventually! Morgan wanted to go ice fishing if Kerry could come with him, he just wanted to play with Kerry all weekend!

Travis and Melissa said...

What a great mom you are. That was such a cute idea.

John-David and Kathryn said...

What a cute mom you are!!! I really need to follow your lead.

meg said...

Great idea Bridgette! I love it! Where do you get all these great ideas? That is why you are in the perfect calling!