Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to MJ




Mike's birthday is October 3rd and we are so excited to wish him a very happy birthday. A couple of weeks ago I was husband tagged but I decided to wait until his birthday to reply so that I could fill everyone in on those things on his "special" day! Here are a few things about Mike...
*He is the middle child of 5.
*He loves to camp/hunt/fish/shoot guns--you know, everything "manly".
*His name is Michael James--so I call him "MJ".
*He laughs out loud while watching TV.
*He works 2 jobs and sells plasma 2 times a week. He works so hard for his family.
*He has two adoring girls (that are super tough because he doesn't let them be wimpy!) and a baby boy who loves him too!
*He served a mission in the Mississippi, Jackson Mission (which initials are his initials MJM).
*He has many friends--quite a few from high school that he is still pretty close to.
*We met during my 2nd year of college and he wooed me with pizza, jelly roll pens, and a hockey game where he scrambled for a hockey puck to give me as a souvenier. Three months later, we were engaged. (We just celebrated 10 years.)
*His favorite things are: The Simpson's, playing the computer, Calvin and Hobbes, Bathroom Readers, sci-fi novels, the season fall and meatloaf.

Mike is a wonderful husband and dad. We love him so much and we want him to have a very happy birthday! One thing that Mike does NOT like is to have the Birthday song sung to him. But, he suffers through for the sake of his children. Happy Birthday MJ! We love you!

8 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Nice tribute to Mikey boy! He is a great guy! I hope he has a very WONDERFUL birthday! He should call Tess or something :) Pics were great today- I have already ordered some to be printed! They hardly need any retouching! That tree is my new hero!:)

madsens said...

how fun. Happy birthday mike!

Lisah said...

Happy Birthday Mike. You definately can tell a good man that has so many jobs to make ends meet and get food on the table. I am impressed and will have to talk to him about donating plasma. I keep telling Drew that we both are going to have to go down there and do it this winter! That or me sell my body on the corner?! You are so sweet Bridge!

Lori Harris said...

Happy birthday Mike. You're such a great dad.

Colette said...

Okay I knew about the two jobs but he even donates plasma too! What a husband! I hope his birthday is happy. I love the pictures that you and Michelle took. So where did you take them at?

Ashton & Co. said...

The pics on the side are GREAT! Your background is perfect, too! Good job!

Travis and Melissa said...

Happy birthday Mike hope you have a great birthday!!!

Travis and Melissa said...

Happy birthday Mike hope you have a great birthday!!!